Community Development Department
Due to the COVID-19 surge and the Regional Stay Home Order for San Joaquin Valley, City public offices and counters, including the Community Development Department and Permit Center, will be closed to in-person public access, effective Monday, December 28, 2020.
We are available to assist customers by telephone, email, and through other online services. For additional information and assistance from the Community Development Department, please Contact Us.
For city-wide updates, please visit the City of Stockton Updates webpage.
Services During COVID-19
- All Permit Center business activities are supported online. Customers are asked to access services through the Accela Citizens Portal, email, or by contacting City departments by telephone.
- Online digital plan submission is available via email
- Inspections: currently, for their safety, City of Stockton Building Inspectors have been instructed not to enter occupied buildings for interior inspections. However, virtual inspections may be an option for some projects. For most projects, if an inspector must enter a building, someone must be present at the jobsite.
Accela Citizen Permit Portal for Online Services
- Pay Permit Fees (Guide to Paying Fees)
- Check Permit Status
- Apply for a Permit (new feature, not all permits yet available)
- Submit/Review Plans
- Schedule an Inspection
Information to Download, Print, and Email
Municipal Utilities Department (MUD) Applications
Fire Prevention Permit Information
Frequently Asked Questions
Building Division FAQs
Planning & Engineering FAQs
Temporary Outdoor Permits
The City of Stockton now offers no-cost Temporary Outdoor Dining Permits for restaurants that have space available to use public space and make use of City right-of-way. Requirements are listed in the permit application and in the Local Emergency Order documents:
For additional information about business support services, please contact the City of Stockton Economic Development Department.
There are currently no external links.
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 12/22/2020