Subscribe to the City of Stockton News Releases to receive emails with current City happenings.
You can also subscribe to other topics, including events and volunteer opportunities.
- November 21, 2023 - Annual City Hall Holiday Open House
- Tuesday, December 12, 2023 - 3:30 - 5:30 p.m.
- November 21, 2023 - 2024 Stockton Arts Grants Opportunities
- Applications due by January 2, 2024
- November 21, 2023 - Oak Park Senior Center Mural Celebration Hosted by Stockton Arts Commission
- November 29, 2023, Oak Park Senior Center, 730 E. Fulton @ 4p
- November 15, 2023 - Annual Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony & Holiday Family Festivities/Activities
- Saturday, December 2, 2023 - Gates open at 3:00 p.m.; tree lighting 5:30 p.m.; lighted boat parade arrives downtown at approximately 6:30 p.m.
- November 10, 2023 - Media Advisory - Press Conference - California Opioid Settlement Agreement Stockton Funds Use
- Tuesday, November 14, 2023, 2:00 p.m., Civic Auditorium, 525 N. Center St., North Hall
- November 7, 2023 - Cesar Chavez Central Library Hours Change - Beginning, November 13, 2023
- November 1, 2023 - City of Stockton Offering Free Sandbags - Be Prepared for Heavy Rains and Local Flooding
- November 1, 2023 - City of Stockton Notice of Election and Opening of Nomination Period
- Nominations Opens - November 13, 2023; Nominations Closes - December 8, 2023; Election - March 5, 2024
- October 25, 2023 - Road Repairs Continue for Brookside & Shadowbrook
- Work begins October 28, 2023
- October 25, 2023 - 2023 Broken Windows Grant Program
- October 19, 2023 - Miner Avenue Complete Street Project Wins Award
- October 18, 2023 - Stockton Seeking Qualified Nonprofit Developers for Property Acquisition Leading to Affordable Housing
- October 13, 2023 - Community Development Department Launches New Online Self-Service Platform for Planning Home and Business Projects
- October 5, 2023 - Road Repairs Scheduled for Brookside Rd & Shadowbrook Dr
- Beginning October 10, 2023
- October 3, 2023 - New Fire Engine Dedication Ceremony
- October 12, 2023, Weber Point Events Center, at noon
- Event Flyer
- August 16, 2023 - 2023 Commercial Cannabis Business Lottery Drawing
- No drawing will be held for the 2023 application period
- August 10, 2023 - Agreement Reached to Protect Stockton's Unhoused Community & Emergency Shelter Services
- August 7, 2023 - American Legion Park Beautification - Volunteers Needed!
- Sat, August 12, 2023, sign up in advance or meet at the park at 8:30 a.m.
- August 2, 2023 - Media Advisory - Press Conference City of Stockton Protecting Unhoused & Emergency Shelter Services
- Press Conference - Thursday, August 3, 2023, 11:00 a.m.
- North Hall of the Civic Auditorium - 525 N. Center St.
- July 31, 2023 - City of Stockton Declares Emergency to Protect Unhoused
- Due to Stockton Shelter for Homeless Closing Effective August 15
- July 19, 2023 - Media Advisory - Press Conference to Announce St. Mary's Dining Room Pathways Project
- St. Mary's Dining Room, San Joaquin County, Health Plan of San Joaquin, City of Stockton & Dignity Health St. Joseph's Medical Center
- Monday, July 24, 2023, 11:00 a.m.
- Stockton Memorial Civic Auditorium, 525 N. Center St.
- July 19, 2023 - Community Meeting Sandman Park Accessible Playground Equipment
- Mon, August 7, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. - Siefert Community Center, 128 W. Ben Holt Dr.
- July 19, 2023 - Swenson Park Beautification - Volunteers Needed!
- Sat, July 22, 2023, sign up in advance or meet at the park at 8:00 a.m.
- July 13, 2023 - American Legion Park Beautification - Volunteers Needed!
- Sat, July 15, 2023, sign up in advance or meet at the park flagpole at 8:30 a.m.
- July 12, 2023 - Cooling Zones Available - Friday through Monday, July 14 to July 17
- June 29, 2023 - Stockton Releases Notice of Funding Availability for Youth Services Grants
- June 26, 2023 - Stockton Summer Youth Employment Program Closing Ceremony
- June 29, 2023 - 10:00 a.m. to Noon, Civic Auditorium, 525 N. El Dorado St.
- June 21, 2023 - City Hosting Ribbon Cutting Celebrating Stockton Soccer Complex Improvements
- Join us on Thurs., June 29th, 6:00 p.m.
- Stockton Soccer Complex, 10055 CA-99, Stockton, CA 95212
- June 21, 2023 - Office of Violence Prevention Data Cafe
- OVP community information meeting, Tues., June 27th, 11:00 a.m.
- Oak Park Senior Center, 730 E. Fulton St.
- June 16, 2023 - Community Fireworks Safety Demonstrations Offered at Community Centers
- Offered by Stockton Fire and Stockton Police - Week of June 27 - 30, 2023
- June 16, 2023 - Celebrate 4th of July in Downtown Stockton
- Parade at 11:00 a.m., Weber Point festivities begin at noon, Fireworks Display at approx. 9:30 p.m.
- June 12, 2023 - City of Stockton Receives State Prohousing Designation
- Awarded $2.37 Million Grant for Prohousing Pilot Project
- April 28, 2023 - Emergency Road Repair - Holman & McAllen Roads - Begins May 1
- April 27, 2023 - Now Accepting Applications for 2022-2023 Stockton Arts Grants
- Applications available online - Deadline for submission: May 19, 2023 @ noon
- April 19, 2023 - Stockton Small Business Week Celebration
- May 1, 2023 - Ribbon Cutting at City Hall, 425 N. El Dorado St., 9:30 a.m.
- April 13, 2023 - Nominations Now Accepted for Naming the Northeast Library & Community Center
- The application deadline is Friday, June 16, 2023.
- April 13, 2023 - Accepting Applications for Stockton Poet Laureate
- Deadline for applications is Tuesday, May 30, 2023, at 4p
- March 30, 2023 - Stockton Fire Department Station No. 1 Now Open
- Join us for a ribbon cutting and tour, Tues., April 11, 9:00 a.m.
- March 27, 2023 - City of Stockton Goes Purple for Stockton Kings Playoffs
- Tuesday, March 28 @ Noon, City Hall - 425 N. El Dorado St.
- March 15, 2023 - Commercial Cannabis Business Lottery
- Open May 1 - June 15; application available online
- March 14, 2023 - Office of Violence Prevention Data Cafe
- Van Buskirk Community Center, March 21, at 12:00 p.m.
- March 8, 2023 - Severe Weather Alert - Sandbags Available - Overnight Warming Zones
- Be prepared: Sandbags now available at both Oak Park & (former) Van Buskirk Golf Course
- March 7, 2023 - City and Lincoln Unified School District Department of Public Safety Safe Routes to School Walk, Ride & Roll Rodeo
- Saturday, March 25, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Lincoln Unified School District Department of Public Safety Village Oaks Center, 6225 Harrisburg Place
- March 1, 2023 - Fireworks Sales Booth Lottery Application Open to Non-profit Organizations
- February 28, 2023 - Volunteers Needed for Sousa Park Beautification Project
- March 4, 2023, 9:00 a.m. to noon, 2829 Yellowstone Ave.
- February 27, 2023 - Warming Zones Available Feb 28, March 1 & 2 for Overnight Protection from Cold
- February 23, 2023 - All City of Stockton Parks Now Open After Winter Storms
- February 15, 2023 - Shape Stockton Workshops - Stockton Housing Sites Workshop
- February 28, 2023, 5p - 7p, Caesar Chavez Library, 605 N. El Dorado St.
- February 14, 2023 - Warming Zone Available for Protection from the Cold
- Tuesday & Wednesday nights at Stribley Community Center
- February 3, 2023 - Most City Parks are now open; four parks remain closed for public safety
- Oak Park, Louis Park, Panella Park and American Legion Park remain closed
- Clean-up and recovery from 2022 Winter Storm is on-going
- January 30, 2023 - City Opens Warming Zones for Three Nights of Cold Temperatures
- January 30, 31 & February 1 @ Arnold Rue and Stribley Community Centers
- January 24, 2023 - Request for Letters of Interest from Qualified Development Partners Seeking Matching Funds for Potential Homekey Projects for Homeless Individuals or Families in Stockton
- January 23, 2023 - Business Facade Improvement Kick-off Event, February 1
- January 19, 2023 - City to Receive Award for Programming to Support Food Entrepreneurs in Stockton
- January 18, 2023 - Storm Recovery Updates: Return Sandbags, Report Storm-Related Issues Online, City Parks Remain Closed
- January 12, 2023 - Storm Updates: Tonight last night for City Warming Zones
- January 9, 2023 - City Council Meeting & Swearing-In Ceremony Change in Location
- January 5, 2023 - Storm Update: Sandbags Available to Stockton Residents
- Warming Zones Now Available through the Night of January 12
- January 3, 2023 - Preparing for the Next Storm: What to do, and what you need to know
- January 3, 2023 - Special Storm Alert: City Parks Closed Immediately
- Due to tree hazards, do not access, pass through, or walk near City parks.
- January 2, 2023 - Storm Updates, Travel Safety Tips, Preparing for the Next Storm
- December 31, 2022 - Storm Updates, Street Closures, Warming Zones
- Sandbags available at two locations for Stockton Residents
- December 29, 2022 - Storm Conditions & Reporting Storm-Related Issues
- Overnight Warming Zones Open at City Community Centers, Jan. 1 to Jan. 6, 8p to 7a
- December 14, 2022 - Notice of Funding Availability Eligible Non-profits & Organizations
- Community Development Block Grants and Emergency Shelter Grants
- Applications are accepted online only - deadline 5:00 p.m., January 25, 2023
- December 13, 2022 - Overnight Warming Zone for Protection from Cold
- Stribley Community Center, 1760 E. Sonora
- December 13 through December 18, Tuesday through Sunday night
- Check-in begins at 8:00 p.m.; Check-out at 7:00 a.m.
- December 5, 2022 - City of Stockton Annual Holiday Tree Lighting - Rescheduled
- Thursday, December 8, 2022, 5:30 p.m., Weber Point Events Center
- December 3, 2022 - City of Stockton Holiday Events at Weber Point Events Center - Cancelled
- December 1, 2022 - Overnight Warming Zone for Protection from Cold
- Stribley Community Center, 1760 E. Sonora
- December 1 through December 4
- Check-in begins at 8:00 p.m.; Check-out at 7:00 a.m.
- November 30, 2022 - Shape Stockton Open House for Development Code Overhaul & Design Standards
- Saturday, January 7, 2023, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (noon)
- Cesar Chavez Library, 605 N. El Dorado St. - Open House Flyer
- November 28, 2022 - Stockton Hosting Town Hall Meeting Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Annual Action Plan
- Wednesday, December 7, 2022, 3:30 - 5:30 p.m. - Event flyer
- Cesar Chavez Library, Stewart-Hazelton Room, 605 N. El Dorado
- November 16, 2022 - Seeking Proposals for Low Barrier Shelter Facilities or Temporary Housing to Serve Unsheltered Homeless Persons
- November 16, 2022 - Office of Violence Prevention Data Cafe
- November 30, Stribley Community Center, 1760 E. Sonora St., 11:00 a.m.
- November 14, 2022 - Victory Park Pool Community Meeting
- Wednesday, November 30, 2022, 5:30 - 6:30 p.m., Haggin Museum
- November 10, 2022 - City Hall Annual Holiday Open House
- Everyone is welcome - December 13, 3:30 - 5:30 p.m.
- November 9, 2022 - Holiday Season Community Events in December
- Annual Holiday Tree Lighting, Saturday, December 3, 2022, at 5:30 p.m.
- Holiday Parade at 3:00 p.m.; Gates Open to Weber Point Events Center at 3:00 p.m.
- November 3, 2022 - South Stockton Water System Well Improvements Community Invitation
- October 31, 2022 - Office of Violence Prevention Data Cafe Event
- October 31, 2022 - Open House Workshop Shape Stockton Neighborhood Action Plan
- October 28, 2022 - Mariposa Road Industrial Park Annexation Project Virtual Neighborhood Meeting
- October 27, 2022 - City of Stockton and Community Medical Centers to launch Mobile Crisis Intervention Response Pilot Project
- Thursday, November 3, 2022 - 3:30 p.m.
- Stockton Ballpark at Banner Island, 404 W. Fremont St.
- Link to invitation
- October 24, 2022 - City of Stockton Accepting Applications for Boards, Commissions, and Committees
- October 17, 2022 - Stribley Park Sports Field Lighting Dedication
- Stribley Park Ballfield, October 20, 2022, at 6:00 p.m.
- Event Flyer
- October 6, 2022 - Shape Stockton Housing Workshop
- October 19, 2022, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. - Meeting flyer
- Van Buskirk Community Center, 734 Houston Ave.
- September 20, 2022 - Stockton Development Code & Design Standards Update Open House
- Saturday, September 24, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Stribley Community Center, 1760 E. Sonora St.
- September 14, 2022 - Commercial Cannabis Business Lottery
- Application Period Open October 1 - 31, 2022
- $200 fee per application submitted
- September 7, 2022 - Stockton Housing Sites Workshop
- An online interactive community meeting to discuss future housing sites in Stockton
- September 14, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m., meeting link at www.stocktonca.gov/ShapeStockton
- September 6, 2022 - Cooling Zones Available at Community Centers - Updated
- Extended through Friday, September 9
- August 31, 2022 - Cooling Zones Available at City Community Centers
- September 1 through September 7
- August 25, 2022 - Van Buskirk Master Plan for Reuse Open House for the Community
- August 15, 2022 - Cooling Zones Available at City Community Centers
- Beat the Heat - August 15 - August 19 (M-F), 9a - 8p
- August 10, 2022 - Victory Park Pool Renovation Community Survey
- Take the survey online! Drop by and share your ideas on August 17, 6p, Victory Park.
- August 8, 2022 - Office of Violence Prevention Data Cafe Event
- Join us! August 16, 10:00 a.m., Van Buskirk Community Center, 734 Houston Ave.
- August 8, 2022 - Stockton Seeking Nonprofit and Community Organization Proposals
- Funding available to address COVID-related needs and build organizational capacity
- Application deadline - Noon, September 12, 2022
- June 20, 2022 - Cooling Zones Available at City Community Centers
- June 21 through June 27 (Closed Sunday)
- June 20, 2022 - Fireworks Safety Demonstrations for the Community
- Stockton Fire, Stockton Police, San Joaquin County Fireworks Task Force will host at City of Stockton Community Centers - beginning June 28
- June 16, 2022 - City Offers Free Family-Friendly Drive-in Movies - begins June 17
- June 10, 2022 - Celebrate July 4th Downtown Stockton - Parade, Festival, Fireworks Viewing at Weber Point Events Center
- Parade at 10:00 a.m.; Weber Point Events Center opens at noon
- Free admission, live music, family entertainment
- Fireworks at approximately 9:30 a.m.
- Details at www.stocktonca.gov/SpecialEvents
- May 26, 2022 - Open House for Property Owners to Discuss Land Use Updates
- Tuesday, 5:30 - 7:00 p.m., Civic Auditorium, 525 N. Center St.
- Wednesday, 5:30 - 7:00 p.m., Stribley Community Center, 1760 E. Sonora St.
- May 26, 2022 - Alexandria Culvert Replacement Project Begins May 31
- May 24, 2022 - New Stockton Police Chief Swearing-In Ceremony
- Thursday, June 2, 2022 @ 4:00 p.m. - Civic Auditorium
- Members of the community are welcome and encouraged to attend.
- May 16, 2022 - Stockton Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Grant Program
- Grant applications deadline - June 30, 5p
- May 2, 2022 - Pixie Woods Opening for 68th Season
- April 29, 2022 - Stockton Seeking Proposals for Nonprofit Capacity Building
- April 27, 2022 - New Stockton Police Chief Selected, Stanley McFadden
- Stockton's 50th Police Chief will start on June 1, 2022
- Captain Antonio "Tony" Sajor, Jr., promoted to Deputy Chief
- April 13, 2022 - Stockton Police Chief Candidate Town Hall
- Wednesday, April 20 at 5:30 p.m., Bob Hope Theatre, 242 E. Main St.
- Parking available at the Ed Coy Garage, 130 N. Hunter St.
- April 7, 2022 - City of Stockton Accepting Applications for Boards, Commissions, and Committees
- April 5, 2022 - City of Stockton to Host Town Hall with Stockton Police Chief Candidates
- Bob Hope Theatre, 242 E. Main St., April 20, 2022, 5:30 p.m.
- December 27, 2021 - Overnight Warming Zones Open for Protection from Freezing Temperatures
- December 20, 2021 - CARES Act Community Development Block Grant (CDBG-CV3) Deadline Extended
- December 14, 2021 - Stockton Releases Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA)
- Eligible Non-Profits and Affordable Housing Organizations May Apply Online
- Informational virtual meeting on Thursday, December 16, 2021, 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Open to applications on Friday, December 17, 2021, at 1:00 p.m.
- December 14, 2021 - City Business License Office Location and Hours of Service Changes
- Business License Office moved to Permit Center effective December 15, 2021
- Utility Billing and Payment Office will change hours effective January 3, 2022
- December 8, 2021 - State Department of Parks and Recreation to Provide Grant for Columbus Park Renovation - Nearly $3.4 million
- December 7, 2021 - Grants Available for Arts Organizations and Artists
- October 29, 2021 - Stockton Cricket Pitch Dedication
- Saturday, Nov. 6, 11:00 a.m., Anderson Park - event flyer
- October 28, 2021 - Stockton Celebrates America Recycles Offering a Shredding Event
- Saturday, November 13, 8a - Noon (may end sooner if capacity reached)
- UEI parking lot, behind Weberstown Mall
- October 18, 2021 - Victory Park Public Art Project
- Community members are encouraged to participate in a new Victory Park Public Art Piece by watching a video that shares information about the finalists and their proposed projects and voting for their favorite art piece.
- Visit www.stocktonca.gov/VictoryParkPublicArt for more information.
- October 18, 2021 - CARES Act Community Development Block Grant (CDBG-CV3)
- Support for artists and arts nonprofits grant opportunity.
- Application opens Oct. 18, 2021 at noon and closes Dec. 1, 2021 at 5:30 p.m.
- Online applications only through the Neighborly Portal.
- October 15, 2021 - Movies At The Point Spooktacular - Cruella (PG-13)
- Free family entertainment at Weber Point Events Center, 221 N. Center
- Gates Open at 5:30 p.m., Movie begins at dusk, approximately 6:30 p.m.
- July 14, 2021 - Van Buskirk Park Master Plan Community Meeting
- Meeting July 22, 2021, 6-8p, Van Buskirk Community Center
- July 9, 2021 - Oak Park Ice Rink Reopens
- July 8, 2021 - Movies At The Point on July 16, Godzilla vs. Kong
- Free family entertainment at Weber Point Events Center, 221 N. Center
- Gates Open at 6:30 p.m., Movie begins at 9:00 p.m.
- July 6, 2021 - City of Stockton Arnold Rue & Van Buskirk Community Centers Cooling Zones
- July 8 through July 11, 2p - 7p
- July 1, 2021 - NOFA Homeless Assistance & Prevention Addressing COVID Impacts
- Open to applications - July 1 @ noon
- Online applications only through Neighborly Portal
Stockton/San Joaquin County Library News and Events
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 11/21/2023