COVID-19 Updates (Updated November 19, 2020 - 5:58 p.m.)
California Department of Public Health "Limited Stay At Home Order"
The State has issued a "Limited Stay at Home Order" for all counties in the Purple (Widespread) Tier 1, effective November 21, 2020:
"Requiring that all gatherings with members of other households and all activities conducted outside the residence, lodging, or temporary accommodation with members of other households cease between 10:00pm PST and 5:00am PST, except for those activities associated with the operation, maintenance, or usage of critical infrastructure or required by law."
For additional information, please see the full order: Link to the Limited Stay At Home Order
San Joaquin County Moves Back Into Purple (Widespread) Tier 1
The California Department of Public Health announced that San Joaquin County will be moved back to the more restrictive Purple (Widespread) Tier. Effective November 17, 2020, the following Purple Tier restrictions will apply:
- Family entertainment centers - outdoors only with modifications
- Gyms and fitness centers - outdoors only with modifications
- Movie theaters - outdoors only with modifications
- Museums, zoos and aquariums - outdoors only with modifications
- Places of worship - outdoors only with modifications
- Retail - open indoors with a maximum of 25% occupancy
- Restaurants - outdoors only with modifications
- Shopping centers - open indoors with a maximum of 25% occupancy
- Schools that were open prior to today for in-person learning will remain open following State Guidance
The following document provides a summary of activities for all tiers: Blueprint Business Activities & Tiers.
The following are approved for indoor operations with modifications under the Purple Tier:
State Travel Advisory & Gatherings Effective November 13, 2020
- State Travel Advisory
- Persons arriving in California from other states or countries, including returning California residents, should practice self-quarantine for 14 days after arrival.
- Californians are encouraged to stay home or in their region and avoid non-essential travel to other states or countries.
- State Guidance on Gatherings
- Outdoor gatherings only while in Purple Tier
- Limit interactions with others - no more that 3 households, including host(s)
- Wear a mask while with others, physically distance, wash your hands
Controlling the Spread of COVID-19
To slow the spread of the virus, please continue to:
- Wear a face covering when in public;
- Wash your hands regularly - with soap and water;
- Covering coughs and sneezes (into elbow, not hands);
- Physically distancing, of at least 6 feet, from those who are not members of your household;
- Limiting mixing with people outside of your household; and
- Get a Flu shot!
Testing is being offered at a number of locations throughout San Joaquin County and by healthcare providers throughout San Joaquin County.
City parks are available for passive use. Please follow posted California Department of Public Health Guidelines:
COVID Questions for the City of Stockton
State of California Blueprint for a Safer Economy
San Joaquin County Office of Emergency Services - SJReady.org
San Joaquin County Public Health
San Joaquin County Public Health Services - facebook.com/sjcphs
San Joaquin County Public Health Services - twitter.com/sjcphs
City of Stockton Facebook - facebook.com/cityofstockton
City of Stockton Twitter - twitter.com/stocktonupdates
Stockton Police Facebook - facebook.com/stocktonpolice
Stockton Police Twitter - twitter.com/StocktonPolice
Stockton Fire Facebook - facebook.com/Stockton-Fire-Department
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 11/24/2020