Subscribe to the City of Stockton News Releases to receive emails with current City happenings.
You can also subscribe to other topics, including events and volunteer opportunities.
- July 14, 2021 - Van Buskirk Park Master Plan Community Meeting
- Meeting July 22, 2021, 6-8p, Van Buskirk Community Center
- July 9, 2021 - Oak Park Ice Rink Reopens
- July 8, 2021 - Movies At The Point on July 16, Godzilla vs. Kong
- Free family entertainment at Weber Point Events Center, 221 N. Center
- Gates Open at 6:30 p.m., Movie begins at 9:00 p.m.
- July 6, 2021 - City of Stockton Arnold Rue & Van Buskirk Community Centers Cooling Zones
- July 8 through July 11, 2p - 7p
- July 1, 2021 - NOFA Homeless Assistance & Prevention Addressing COVID Impacts
- Open to applications - July 1 @ noon
- Online applications only through Neighborly Portal
- June 30, 2021 - Stockton Open Data Portal Now Available
- June 29, 2021 - PFF Parks Master Plan Community Meeting
- June 23, 2021 - City Council Approves Annual Budget and Plans for American Rescue Plan Recovery Funding
- June 17, 2021 - Van Buskirk Reuse Planning Community Meeting
- June 23, 2021, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Weston Ranch Library, 1453 W. French Camp Rd, Stockton
- June 15, 2021 - Cooling Zones for Heat Wave
- Arnold Rue & Van Buskirk Community Centers
- Wednesday through Saturday, June 16 - June 19, until 7:00 p.m.
- June 10, 2021 - Pixie Woods Reopening for 67th Season
- June 3, 2021 - 2021 Notice of Funding Availability for Entrepreneurship Program
- June 2, 2021 - Drive-In Movie Night June 18, 2021
- UEI parking lot, behind Weberstown Mall; gates open at 7:30 p.m. & movie begins at 8:45 p.m.
- April 27, 2021 - Cannabis Policy Amendment Project Virtual Community Meeting
- April 22, 2021 - Stockton Small Business Week
- Stockton Small Business Week is May 2-8, 2021.
- April 15, 2021 - City to Extend Water & Sewer Utilities to Future Site for Veterans Affairs Medical Clinic
- Join the Virtual Open House Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 5:00 - 6:30 p.m.
- April 14, 2021 - City to Hold Virtual Community Meetings on Proposed Water Rate Adjustments
- Thursday, April 22, 2021, 6:00 p.m., and
- Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 6:00 p.m.
- Visit www.stocktonca.gov/waterrates for links to video or call-in instructions
- April 5, 2021 - New Chief Financial Officer Appointed
- December 29, 2020 - New and Improved Ways to Keep In-Touch with the City of Stockton
- December 28, 2020 - Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) - Open to Online Applications
- Community Development Block Grant, Emergency Solutions Grant, Emergency Solutions Grant CARES Act NOFA applications are due Friday, February 5, 2021, by 5:00 p.m.
- Affordable Housing NOFA applications are due Friday, February 12, 2021, by 5:00 p.m.
- December 22, 2020 - City Public Office and Counter Service Changes - Closed to In-person Public Access, Effective December 28, 2020
- Contact us by telephone, email, or other online services during regularly scheduled hours of service
- December 11, 2020 - Mayor-elect Lincoln Candidates for Office of the Mayor Support Positions
- Council Meeting Agenda for December 15, 2020, revised to add Mayor-elect Office Staff
- December 4, 2020 - City Holiday Greetings & Best Wishes - A 2020 (Virtual) Celebration
- September 28, 2020 - Governor Newsom Announces Project Homekey Award for Stockton
- September 23, 2020 - City Manager's Review Board Appointed & Convenes October
- September 17, 2020 - Fitch Upgrades Stockton's Water Revenue Bonds and Outlook Stable
- September 15, 2020 - New Stockton Urban Ag Ordinance
- Private property owners may now keep chickens (no roosters), ducks, bees, produce, etc., in urban areas, and additional produce stands.
- September 2, 2020 - Community Support Fund NOFA
- March 30, 2020 - City of Stockton Coronavirus Virtual Town Hall Meeting
- March 30, 2020 - Extra Waste Collection Services Suspended Until Further Notice
- No Clean Sweep appointment or extra pick-up stickers
- March 25, 2020 - City Public Office Closures Until Further Notice
- Closures expanded to close City parks
- March 24, 2020 - City Council First Virtual Online Meeting
- Addressed regular business items and emergency related to COVID-19
- March 21, 2020 - City Council Meetings Held Online During Stay at Home (COVID)
- Beginning March 24, 2020 - Three ways to submit Public Comments
- March 17, 2020 - Council Ratifies Local Emergency Proclamation
- Addresses Evictions, Adopts Restrictions and Approves Emergency Response Fund
- March 16, 2020 - City to Hold Tele-Town Hall - Coronavirus
- Mayor, City Manager, San Joaquin County Public Health & SUSD Superintendent
- 1:00 - 2:00 p.m.
- Call-in 1-888-400-1932 (English) and 1-888-400-9342 (Spanish).
- March 15, 2020 - City Public Office and Counter Service Changes During Local Emergency
- Beginning March 16, 2020, Public Counters & Offices Closed; these closures are at least through March 31, 2020.
- We will continue to serve the community by telephone, email and online services.
- March 12, 2020 - City Declares Coronavirus Local Emergency & Adopts Gathering Policy
- March 5, 2020 - Stockton Planning for 5G Broadband Smart City Technologies
- February 27, 2020 - Economic Development Department Housing Community Meeting
- Presentation of draft 2020 - 2025 Consolidated Plan on Housing
- Tues., Mar. 3, 2020, 3:30 - 5:30 p.m., Cesar Chavez Central Library, 605 N. El Dorado St.
- February 26, 2020 - Stockton Fire Department Accepting Applications for 2020 Safe and Sane Fireworks Sales
- February 25, 2020 - McKinley Park Approved for $8.5 Million State Parks Grant (Prop 68)
- February 20, 2020 - City of Stockton Reception for New City Manager
- February 13, 2020 - Stockton Fire Department Receives Nearly $1M FEMA Grant for Paramedic Training
- Check Presentation Ceremony, Thurs., Feb. 20, 10:30 a.m., Company 2, 110 W. Sonora
- February 12, 2020 - Notice of Funding Availability for 2020 Stockton Entrepreneurship Program
- November 21, 2019 - Join Us at Annual City Hall Holiday Open House
- November 20, 2019 - Community Planning Summit to Assist with Developing a Regional Plan on Homelessness
- Wednesday, December 4, 2019, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Main Hall at Stockton Memorial Civic Auditorium, 525 N. Center Street
- November 15, 2019 - Economic Development Department Invites Community Participation; Planning for Low- and Moderate-Income Housing Needs
- Public meeting to discuss City’s Fiscal Year 2020-2025 Draft Consolidated Plan and Fiscal Year 2020-2021 Draft Action Plan
- Thursday, November 21, 2019, 3:30 p.m., Stockton Memorial Civic Auditorium, North Hall, 525 N. Center Street
- November 15, 2019 - City Holiday Events
- Annual Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony - Saturday, Dec. 7
- Weber Point Events Center gates open at 3 p.m.; Tree lighting at 5:30 p.m.
- Lynn Hahn Memorial Delta Reflections Lighted Boat Parade at 6 p.m.
- Plus, holiday workshops at City community centers from 5 – 8 p.m.:
- Dec. 16: Van Buskirk Community Center, 734 Houston Ave.
- Dec. 17: Arnold Rue Community Center, 5758 Lorraine Ave.
- Dec. 18: Seifert Community Center,128 W. Benjamin Holt Drive
- Dec. 19: Stribley Community Center, 1760 E. Sonora St.
- November 14, 2019 - Stockton Arts Endowment Grant Application Deadline Extended
- Extended to December 6, 2019, at 11:59 p.m.
- Full grant guidelines for eligibility requirements at www.stocktonca.gov/arts.
- October 29, 2019 - Check Carbon Monoxide Detectors as Daylight Saving Time Ends
- October 15, 2019 - Community Opportunity to Submit Suggestions for Next City Manager
- Submit suggestions and ideas for qualities like to see in potential candidates.
- Send email with comments directly to consulting firm conducting search at StocktonCM@averyassoc.net.
- October 3, 2019 - Collide Festival "A Finale for Stockton Arts Week"
- Saturday, Oct. 19, 2019, 4 – 9 p.m, Weber Point Events Center, 221 N. Center St.
- Free and open to public
- Collide Festival Flier
- October 3, 2019 - Movies at the Point Finale with Spooktacular Event
- Friday, October 11, 2019
- Gates of Weber Point Events Center, 221 N. Center St, open 5:30 p.m. with free activities for kids of all ages.
- Free feature film, Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween, begins at dusk
- September 12, 2019 - Resurfacing Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd Begins Next Week
- Starts September 18, 2019, to mid-October 2019.
- Work will take place weekdays, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Watch for detours, eastbound and westbound lanes, from the west side of Lincoln Street to the east side of I-5.
- August 23, 2019 - City Collide Festival - Call for Vendors and Exhibitors
- To apply, visit www.stocktonca.gov/arts.
- Deadline for completed applications is Friday, September 13, 2019, by 5 p.m.
- August 7, 2019 - Economic Development Department Invites Community Focus Group Participation in HUD 2020-2025 Consolidated Plan
- Tuesday, August 13, 400 E. Main St, 4th Floor, Economic Development Department
- Central City: 9 a.m.
- Economic Development: 10:45 a.m.
- Housing Development: 1 p.m.
- Business Development/General: 2:45 p.m.
- June 14, 2019 - Celebrate July 4 in Stockton
- Thursday, July 4, Weber Point Events Center
- Gates open 5:30 p.m., fireworks start around 9:30 p.m.
- June 4, 2019 - Movies At The Point Starts June 14
- Second Friday of every month, beginning in June and ending in October
- Gates open at 6:30 p.m., movies begin at dusk at Weber Point Events Center
- May 29, 2019 - City Annual Budget Community Preview Sessions
- Thursday, May 30, 4:30 - 5:30 p.m., or
- Friday, May 31, 1 - 2 p.m.
- City Hall, Council Chamber, 425 N. El Dorado St., 2nd floor
- May 20, 2019 - Office of Violence Prevention Data and Donuts Presentation
- Friday, May 31, 9 - 11 a.m., Van Buskirk Community Center. 734 Houston Ave.
- Event Flier
- May 9, 2019 - Northeast Library & Community Center Design Comes to Life
- Saturday, May 18, 10 a.m. to Noon, Arnold Rue Community Center, 5758 Lorraine Ave.
- Saturday, May 18, 1:30 - 3:30 p.m., Margaret Troke Library, 502 W. Benjamin Holt Dr.
- Meeting event flier
- May 8, 2019 - City Accepting Applications for Civil Service / Equal Employment Commission Interviews
- May 7, 2019 - AMGEN Tour of California Stockton Route Traveler Alerts
- Tuesday, May 14, Street Closures from 9:45 - 11:30 a.m.; race start at 10:05 a.m.
- Other tour festivities begin at 8:30 a.m.
- April 29, 2019 - Celebrate 65 Years of Pixie Woods Magic
- Saturday, May 4, Season Opening and 65th Birthday Celebration, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- April 29, 2019 - Commercial Cannabis Businesses Informational Workshops
- Wednesday, May 1, 4 - 5 p.m., Maya Angelou Library, 2324 Pock Lane
- Thursday, May 2, 6 - 7 p.m., Cesar Chavez Library, 605 N. El Dorado St.
- April 25, 2019 - Fire Station Open House
- Saturday, May 4, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Fire Station No. 14, 1309 McNabb St.
- Event Flier
- April 23, 2019 - City Offices Closed Due to Downtown Power Outage
- Early morning fire impacts traffic signals and businesses
- April 22, 2019 - City Accepting Applications for Port Commission Interviews
- April 18, 2019 - City to Hold Informational Meetings on Proposed Wastewater (Sewer) Rate Adjustments
- Thursday, April 25, 6 p.m., Arnold Rue Community Center, 5758 Lorraine Ave.
- Thursday, May 2, 6 p.m., Stribley Community Center, 1760 E. Sonora St.
- April 16, 2019 - Summer 2019 Repaving Project Begins in April
Stockton/San Joaquin County Library News and Events
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 10/18/2021