Office of Violence Prevention
The Office of Violence Prevention (OVP) works to significantly reduce violence in the City of Stockton using data-driven, partnership programs and strategies.
OVP coordinates inter-agency working partnerships with community leaders including:
- clergy, gang outreach, public and community service providers, and
- other stakeholders committed to reducing violence.
Peacekeeper Video Series
To learn more about Peacekeepers and the work they do, OVP developed a series of videos to help answer questions.
For any questions about OVP programs or future meetings, please contact LaTosha Walden.
- Operation Ceasefire
- Partner-based violence reduction strategy using respectful, direct communication with highest risk youth and young adults.
- Based on the nationally recognized, evidence-based "Operation Ceasefire" strategy, that has produced multi-year, community-wide reductions in serious violence in cities across the country.
- Operation Peacekeeper
- Mentors youth and young adults with the highest risk of gang involvement, particularly serious gun-related violence, and provides positive alternatives for a healthier, non-violent lifestyle.
Community Engagement Coalition Report - July 2017
Global Status Report on Violence Prevention 2014 - 292 pages
Braga Report Stockton- 63 pages
Braga Evaluation of Boston Reentry Initiative - 24 pages
OVP Facebook Page
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 7/3/2018