Personal Safety Alert
The City of Stockton is experiencing a high number of street crimes.
Be alert and use these personal safety tips to reduce your chance of becoming a victim.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Eyes forward – head up – walk with a purpose.
- Safety in numbers – travel with a buddy.
- Take only what you need – leave extra cash, credit cards, and purses at home.
- Remove expensive jewelry and avoid displaying cash.
- Ensure your safety with smart choices.
- Electronics can distract and are common targets.
- Travel in well-lit areas.
- Stay alert and aware of people around you.
- Make a plan – create a safe route and tell someone you trust.
- Avoid isolated areas that can be dangerous.
- Reduce crime by removing the opportunity.
- Trust your instincts – protect yourself at all times!
People walking the streets while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs often become victims. Walking in public without your senses fully intact is not street smart.
If you see suspicious activity, call the Stockton Police Department's non-emergency.
Call 9-1-1 for an emergency.
Please share this personal safety information and remember to "Be Street Smart."
There are no external links on this page
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 6/23/2015