Clean City Initiative
The Clean City Initiative advances new and existing programs to reduce trash accumulation and illegal dumping across the City. The initiative is a collaborative effort between the City Manager's Office, Public Works Department, Stockton Police Department, Republic Services, Waste Management, and community volunteers.
2022 Clean City Scheduled Events
Community Cleanup Events
Public Works staff is seeking volunteers (individuals and groups) to pick up litter and complete organized civic beautification projects. Events are scheduled within each City Council District.
Sign-up today with the Clean City Initiative Volunteer Form.
Upcoming Community Clean-up / Beautification Events
- September 17, 2022
- California Coastal Clean-up (see External Links below)
- October 1, 2022
- Location: Matt Equinoa Park (subject to change)
Please contact us if you have any questions about the Clean City Initiative, want to volunteer at a planned event, or hold a community clean-up of your own.
Drive-Thru Recycling Events
The City's garbage service providers, Republic Services and Waste Management will hold recycling collection events in each City Council District annually. Event times are from 8:00 a.m. to noon. Collection may end early if capacity is reached.
Upcoming Recycling Event
- September 2022 - District 2
- October 2022 - District 1
Participation Protocols and Guidelines:
- Identification will be checked to verify participants live within the City of Stockton.
- Participants must remain in their vehicles at all times.
- All material must be in the bed of a truck or trunk/cargo hatch of a passenger vehicle.
- The material will not be removed from the passenger compartment.
- To streamline the drop-off event, please place mattresses at the top of your pile.
- Electronic Waste
- TVs, computer monitors, VCRs, phones, stereos, copiers, fax machines
- Limited to 5 tires and rims are not accepted
- Mattresses and box springs
- Yard Waste
- Refrigerators, washers, dryers, microwaves, water heaters
- Household chemicals*
- Fluorescent light bulbs*
- Construction waste including bricks and concrete
- Tree stumps
- Batteries (car and household)*
- Liquid Paint*
- Used Motor Oil and Oil Filters*
- Car Parts
*San Joaquin County residents may dispose of these items for free at the San Joaquin County Household Hazardous Waste Facility. See the External Links below.
Additional Services and Products:
- Paper Shredding
- All shredding is completed on-site.
- Limited to 3 banker boxes; return trips allowed
- Service may end early if capacity is reached.
- Additional Instructions:
- Staples and paper or plastic clips are acceptable.
- Plastic bags must be open. It is best to bring paper that needs to be shredded in boxes.
- Binders will not be accepted.
- Free compost
- 1 cubic foot bags (while supplies last)
Contact your garbage service provider for additional information. If you are unsure who provides service at your address, please use the About Your Address feature to determine your service provider.
San Joaquin County Household Hazardous Waste Facility
San Joaquin County Landfills & Other Facilities
California Coastal Cleanup
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 8/10/2022