Contact and Hours
345 N. El Dorado St.
Stockton, CA 95202
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Closed every other Friday
First open Friday of each month: 8:00am - Noon
The City of Stockton welcomes you, and we recognize the value and importance of a strong and varied business community. Starting a new venture can be challenging; we are here to help.
- Stockton Municipal Code - Section 5.04.040
- No person shall engage in any profession, trade, calling, occupation, or business without first having procured a license.
- Self-employed persons and independent contractors are also required to pay the Business Tax.
- Stockton Municipal Code - Business License and Regulations
- Stockton Municipal Code - Chapter 3.28 Transient Occupancy Tax
SizeUp Stockton is a market research and development tool that is available at no cost to local businesses to help them succeed by making data-supported decisions.
Obtaining a Business License
The easiest way to obtain a business license is to complete the required application below. While each endeavor may have its own situation, it is essential to do research before applying. Some applications may require additional approval from other city and state departments.
A business license application may be submitted via mail, email, or in person at the City of Stockton Permit Center located at 345 N. El Dorado Street Stockton, CA 95202.
Business licenses are renewal forms are mailed to you prior to expiration, and payments are due within 30 days of the license expiration date. Penalties apply for payments received after 30 days.
- Business License Application
- Bingo Application Packet
- Declaration of Business Closure in City of Stockton
- Food Vendor Application
- Home Occupation Permit Application
- Massage Establishment Application
- Military Exempt Form
- Motor Food Wagon Application Packet
- Non-Emergency Transport Application
- Ice Cream Application Packet
- Operational Fire Permit Application
- Pawnbroker / Secondhand Dealer Application Packet
- Police Clearance Application
- Prior Years Gross Receipts Form
- Private Security Application Packet
- Request for Duplicate License Certificate
- Request for Information - Information / Copies / Research Requests
- Request for Refund
- Tobacco Permit
- Please contact Business Licensing at (209) 937-8313
- Transient Photography Application
Other Useful Related Information
- California Commission on Disability Access
- California Department of General Services - Division of State Architect