District 6 Vice Mayor Warmsley
Elected in November 2020, Vice Mayor Kimberly Warmsley began serving her first term on the Stockton City Council representing District 6 in January 2021. She was appointed Vice Mayor on April 18, 2023.
Vice Mayor Warmsley was born and raised in Stockton, with roots in south Stockton and Weston Ranch. She was inspired to commit herself to public service and community development watching her parents and grandparents as they served their community, state, and country.
As the former Chair of the Stockton Planning Commission, Vice Mayor Warmsley worked to ensure that South Stockton was at the forefront of strategic planning, promoting health and equity in the community. She has worked with many organizations in Stockton to help individuals find jobs and help small businesses develop business practices. As a Council member, she is committed to bringing new jobs and business development resources to District 6.
Vice Mayor Warmsley recognizes the need to be sensitive to all individuals seeking services from agencies and local government, particularly those individuals with mental health needs. She is committed to working with her Council colleagues to ensure Stockton invests in communities that have been underserved. Vice Mayor Warmsley will advocate for partnerships to support mental health strategies in working with the homeless and in addressing crime.
Vice Mayor Warmsley has three Associate of Arts degrees in Public Safety, Business Administration, and Sociology from San Joaquin Delta College, a Bachelor of Science degree in Sociology from CSU Stanislaus, and she is currently a doctoral candidate studying Social Work and Transformative Policy with the University of Southern California.
- Company 3 - 1116 E. First Street
- Company 5 - 3499 Manthey Road
- Maya Angelou Library - 2324 Pock Lane
- Weston Ranch Library - 1453 W. French Camp Road
- Ernie Shropshire Park - 4120 Pock Lane
- Holmes Park - 1718 Ralph Avenue
- Mattie Harrell Park - 2244 S. Lincoln Street
- McKinley Park - 424 E. Ninth Street
- Paul E. Weston Park - 3603 E W S Woods Boulevard
- Peterson Park - Tenth St. & Union Street
- Smith Park - 2606 William Moss Boulevard
- Williams Brotherhood Park - 2040 S. Airport Way
- W. M. Long Park - 4535 Woodchase Lane
Vice Mayor Warmsley serves on the following committees, as appointed by the Mayor with Council concurrence:
- Ad Hoc Committee on Homelessness, Vice Chair
- Budget Committee, Vice Chair
- California State University Stockton Center Site Authority, Alternate Member
- City County Coordinating Committee, Member
- City of Stockton and Manteca Unified School District "2x2" Joint Committee, Member
- City of Stockton and Port of Stockton 3x3 Joint Committee, Member
- City of Stockton and Stockton Unified School District 3x3 Join Committee, Member
- Community Improvement and Crime Prevention, Chair
- League of California Cities Central Valley Division Executive Committee, Alternate Member
- Legislation/Environmental Committee, Vice Chair
- San Joaquin Area Flood Control Agency (SJAFCA), Member
- San Joaquin Council of Governments (SJCOG), Member
- San Joaquin Area Flood Control and Water Conservation District, Member
- Water Committee, Vice Chair