The Stockton City Council meets on Tuesday evenings at 5:30 p.m. in the City Council Chambers at City Hall, 425 N. El Dorado Street, 2nd Floor. There is at least one regularly scheduled meeting each month. Study Sessions and Special Meetings may occur on Tuesdays or other days of the week.
For a schedule of meetings and potential meeting dates, please view:
Members of the public are welcome to attend City Council meetings. Meetings are also streamed on the City of Stockton website and can be viewed on Stockton GovTV, which is aired on local area cable Comcast Channel 97 and AT&T U-verse Channel 99 menu.
- 2022 City of Stockton Accomplishments
- 2021 City of Stockton Accomplishments
- 2020 City of Stockton Accomplishments
Stockton City Council Facts
- First City Council was voted into office in 1850.
- The current form of government is City Manager-Council.
- City Council is the governing body for the City of Stockton.
- City Council consists of seven members, six Councilmembers and the Mayor, each of whom have the right to vote on all matters coming before the Council.
- The six Councilmembers are nominated and elected by the districts they represent; The Mayor is nominated and elected at-large.
- Must reside in and be a qualified elector (registered voter) of the district from which they are nominated and elected, for a period of not less than thirty (30) days prior to the filing of the nomination papers.
- Must reside in the district during the term of office. Any member moving from the said district during the term shall automatically forfeit office.
- Shall not hold any other City office or City employment during the term for which he or she is elected to the Council.
- Must declare under oath to accept the office in the event of an election, and to support and defend the Constitution of the United States and of the State of California.
Effective January 1, 2021, the Mayor's salary will be $90,480 annually or $7,540 monthly. Prior to January 1, 2021, the Mayor's salary was $72,384 annually.
Effective January 1, 2021, each Councilmember's salary will be $29,363.40 annually or $2,446.95 monthly. Prior to January 1, 2021, the Councilmember's annual salary was $26,694.
- No more than two terms as Mayor or Councilmember. However, service prior to January 1, 1989, does not disqualify any person for further service.
- Councilmember terms are 4 years.
Statement of Economic Interests
The City Council Members are elected officers identified in the State of California Government Code Section 87200 and file statements of economic interests with the City Clerk's office. Copies of the statements of economic interests filed by the City's elected officers may be obtained by visiting the offices of the Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) or the City Clerk.
- Address of FPPC: 428 J Street, Suite 620, Sacramento, CA 95814
- Address of City Clerk's Office: 425 N. El Dorado Street, Stockton, CA 95202
The statements of economic interests for some state and local government agency elected officers may be available in electronic format on the FPPC's website. Please see External Links below for a link to the FPPC website.
Vice Mayor Warmsley District 1
Councilmember Padilla District 2
Councilmember Wright District 3
Councilmember Blower District 4
Councilmember Lenz District 5
Councilmember Villapudua Council Goals Council Policies FPPC
(Fair Political Practices Commission)