Effective January 1, 2020, the City of Stockton Building Division is requiring all new plan review and permit applications to comply with 2019 California Building Standards Codes.
Projects are reviewed for compliance with the following construction codes:
- Stockton Municipal Code (SMC), Title 15
- California State Building Codes: Building, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Energy, and Fire
- 2019 California Administrative Code
- 2019 California Building Code - Amended per Title 15 of SMC
- 2019 California Existing Building Code
- 2019 California Electrical Code - Amended per SMC
- 2019 California Energy Code
- 2019 California Fire Code - Amended per SMC
- 2019 California Green Building Standards Code - Amended per SMC Title 15
- 2019 California Mechanical Code
- 2019 California Plumbing Code
- 2019 California Referenced Standard Code
- 2019 California Residential Code
- California State Building Codes available at California Building Standard Commission site in External Links.
- Most recent adopted editions of Model Codes available at Cesar Chavez Central Library.
Builders Exchange of Stockton
Building Industry Association of the Greater Valley
California Building Standard Commission Website
Contractors State License Board
Title 24-Disabled Access Guide
This City of Stockton web page last reviewed on --- 4/15/2020